Wednesday, October 14, 2009

YIPPEE!!!!



Well, I'm proud and so very HAPPY to say I'm halfway through my first semester of CRNA school!! It's been a tough road thus far, no doubt, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel which gives me a lot of relief. A week or so ago I was so burned out on the "eat, sleep, study, test, repeat" cycle that I was getting so discouraged. My spirits were low and I was forced to "phone a friend" (a girl who is about to graduate from my same program) for some encouragement. She gave me some great advice which included that when I start to get in the slump I just described, I should take a complete day off from all studies just to re-energize and re-focus myself. She was right. Everything was getting blended together in my mind and I was so disenchanted with the 24/7 grind that I couldn't even focus well. I took one day off and it did seem to make all the difference in the world! Soooooo....I'm back in the game again!!

Speaking of game, as mentioned in an earlier post, I was able to attend TCU's very first home football game this season on September 19th! It was a really neat experience for me and there were a TON of people there showing their support for our team (we're currently ranked #8 by the way!). You could see purple for miles!! The bleachers were full of TCU fans! I went to the game with my friend Tarran (a fellow CRNA student) and her husband. Here are a few pictures from this awesome event!

TCU Stadium Pre-game

Random people showing their TCU spirit


TCU Stadium pre-game

Superfrog!!

TCU Cheerleaders




TCU Band



Pre-game show on the field






TCU Football team! Go FROGS!!


Final Score

No comments:

Post a Comment